Pages

Monday, November 28, 2011

Quick Update

If you read either of the last two entries, you know that I did a lot of driving last week to get myself and my brother to my mom's house for Thanksgiving (US). I did have time to sufficiently recover before driving back to school yesterday.

But yesterday's drive set me back again. I was doing pretty well; I didn't need more than one stop to stretch, at which point I also refilled my tank. (Seriously, I've spent >$65 on gas in the last week, first to fill, then to get back to full after driving extra and then letting someone borrow my car. *sigh* I technically could have waited to refill my tank, but didn't anticipate prices being any better a week before Christmas than they are now. And I could have bought a new pair of shoes with that money.) The bad part of the driving came when I hit Hartford and there was stop-and-go traffic for I think more than a mile to get onto I-91, and then I-91 was backed up for another mile, so I spent at least half an hour longer on the road than usual, and all of that was for a kind of driving that really messes up my hip and knee. On a Sunday afternoon, which I thought would mean light traffic, but Thanksgiving, go figure. I actually resorted to two-footed driving for the stop-and-go, or my right leg would be a LOT worse today. As it is, I took the medical van once to get to the other end of campus for class.

Anywho, my leg isn't in agony today, which is a miracle in itself, but it also isn't working as well as it does when I haven't been driving a lot. It'll get better. I'll just nurse it for a few days. And no one here gets mad at me when I can't do stuff!

OTOH, my wrists are in a flare-up. Basically the symptom I have is that things feel "tight" as opposed to extremely painful all the time. I need to find effective massage techniques or exercises for those kinds of pains. It's not bad enough to impede my typing, but I kept massaging my right wrist while taking notes in class today. I think I ended up with four or five handwritten pages--no wonder it hurt! And this is starting the last three or so weeks of class and finals, which means, lots of papers to finish the semester. But it's almost over!

No comments:

Post a Comment